Internet connection errors using the newest final 3.0.551.0 version

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Slochy, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slochy

    Slochy Registered Member

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2007
    Posts:
    6
    Hey guys,

    I've tried the search option but couldn't come up with any similar issue, so here's my problem:

    Being a happy NOD32 user, I've been using v2.7 for what feels like an eternity until swichting to using the newest RC1 and final versions of v3. Unfortunately, the final version is causing a problem on my end I didn't experience using any versions before (not even in the 3.0.414 RC1 version).

    I now experience random internet connection issues using any of my browsers (Firefox, IE, Opera). Clicking links or reloading pages sometimes gives me an immediate "Error: Connection lost" (or whatever it's called in the english versions, I'm german) message. Usually this is fixed by doing a reload. But to be honest: It stinks and already caused me to lose many minutes of posting time on different boards. On pages with many visible icons, it also causes many of them to not even being displayed properly until refreshing for like four or five times.

    I've tried deactivating the "web access protection" in NOD's advanced options, but that didn't fix it. The only fix is stopping the "ekrn.exe" service file which also means stopping NOD32 completely. I'm not behind a firewall and uninstalled previous versions the way it's described here:

    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1109283&postcount=4

    As mentioned before, I don't have this problem using v2.7 or even the 3.0.414 RC1 of v3.

    Any clues? I'm using Vista Ultimate 64-bit, by the way. I don't know what else to try, so here's hoping for finding some help over here.

    Thanks for reading,

    Tom
     
  2. nodHead

    nodHead Registered Member

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
    Posts:
    85
    I can confirm that I have seen this issue and could replicate it on my test box too. :doubt:
     
  3. Slochy

    Slochy Registered Member

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2007
    Posts:
    6
    I don't know why or how, but disabling "HTTP checking" suddenly seems to be working without f*cking things up. Weird, but the errors appear to be gone now. I'll keep an eye on it. I always thought it was directly linked to the whole "Web access protection" tree.
     
  4. nodHead

    nodHead Registered Member

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
    Posts:
    85
    Sounds like a reason for ESET to ship a bug fixed version of NOD32 to fix this. I imagine a lot of customers might strike this issue. :doubt:
     
  5. Mange

    Mange Registered Member

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2007
    Posts:
    1
    I don't get Internet connection errors, but browsing the Internet is verry slow after installing the final 3 version.
    I tryed to do like Slochy wrote above, disabling "HTTP checking" and now I'm browsing fast like I did before.
    But, it would be nice if I could use the "HTTP checking".
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.