Internet Cleanup 3.0

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by FanJ, Jan 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Internet Cleanup 3.0

Internet Cleanup 2.0 was from Ontrack, then sold to V-COM ( http://www.v-com.com/index.html ) (together with for example SystemSuite, Fix-It and the very nice Powerdesk) and then sold to Aladdin.

Aladdin has now version 3.0 of Internet Cleanup

http://www.aladdinsys.com/internetcleanup/

[hr]
    Note:
    Although I have Internet Cleanup 2.0 from Ontrack, I haven't tried at the moment this new version 3.0.

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

FanJ how are you?

Internet Cleanup. Do you like it? [I will visit the site, just want YOUR input first]

Easy to configure?
    Use?
    Any feedback from you will be appreciated.

Cheers.

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Tassie,

Thanks, I'm fine ;)
    I hope you are OK too !!!

Well about Internet Cleanup:

I have a lot of those programs, I name some:
    IEClean, WindowWasher, InternetCleanup 2.0, MRUBlaster, Spybot S&D, etc.
    They are not all the same. Some things they can do all, some things not.

First: MRUBlaster and Spybot S&D: they are free, and very nice; I can only say: install them and use them!

Now the other three: IEClean, WindowWasher, InternetCleanup 2.0.
    They are not free.
    It is no secret that I absolutely love IEClean.
    In my humble opinion it is the best of the three. Why? Because it does not only clean up a lot of garbage, it makes it also very easy for you to secure your InternetExplorer and OutlookExpress a lot!!! I really cannot imagine that I would surf without it. Support from Nancy and Kevin is absolutely a class on its one, excellent!
    Now WindowWasher. Also nice! One of the big pro's of WindowWasher is the huge list of plug-ins for other programs, which you can download from the webroot-site. Those plug-ins give you the possibility to clean out a lot of the things from those programs. For example: you use Powerdesk (from Ontrack, now V-COM), you type in a name of a file in the "find"-option; if you have the plug-in from webroot for Powerdesk, then WindowWasher will clean that MRU out for you. Just like MRUBlaster can do for you.
    Before Javacool came with his MRUBlaster, I would have said: if you have the money, buy IEClean and WindowWasher. The situation is now slightly changed, but nevertheless I'm very glad that I have them all!
    OK, now InternetCleanup. As I wrote, I only have version 2.0 from Ontrack. It is a nice program. You can do a lot with it. But, for a lot of those things, you have to tell it exactly what and where to look for it. In fact I don't use it that much. Sometimes to have a look what has been left by my other cleaners (always: nothing...). What I do like about it, is that it gives me a very quick view of my browser plugins; I'll give you a part of a screenshot of it at the bottom of this posting.

I hope that this long posting can help you a bit, Tassie.

Attached Files:

4. Tassie_Devils

Hi FanJ

Thanks for the very comprehensive listing.
    Yes, I use Spybot, virtually ALL of javacool's programs also.

Love MRUBlaster, Browser Hijack Blaster, and Spyware Blaster.

Also Internet Sweeper and System Mechanic. I am pretty much covered, but still may have a trial at Internet Cleanup.

Thanks once again for the great coverage. Posts like this is generally my guide to products.

Like, take Spybot. I would never of used it, if it wasn't for the masses of forum posts , ditto javacool's.

Now that I have them, I too could NOT LIVE without them on the net.

Take care, Tas.

5. ;)
    I agree that one program can't or won't do it all...

I have a pretty big selection myself. I use System Mechanic, and I am trialing TracksEraserPro. What I like about it is that it can overwrite and "fill in" all your empty space on your hard drive. Unless I am missing something, I may buy TracksEraserPro just for that, plus also it seems to do a really good job.
    I have WindowWasher 4.7, but for some reason I don't use it.. Maybe because it doesn't give one much of any flexibility..
    I used to use System Cleaner and Evidence Washer, and I still like System Cleaner. However, I think TracksEraserPro is way ahead of Evidence Washer.. I now went back to System Mechanic, and use TracksEraserPro with it..I use the registry cleaner from System Mechanic. I used to use Registry First Aid, and it seemed good, but I have a feeling The system mechanic registry cleaner finds more...
    I now use MRU Blaster and it seems like a good proggie, but I really don't see why I should keep it..Although Windows Washer doesn't seem to take care of the MRU's, TracksEraserPro seems so..

HELP!!!! I'm overdosing on Windows Cleaning Utilities!!

Just kidding..

I did trial Internet Cleanup a while ago, but I could not see a secure shredder, so I did not bother..

Any comments on this post?

6. Tassie_Devils

Straight Shooter.

Comment ~ Yep I also use System Mechanic. I like the "Incinerator". Got mine set to 8, but can take a bit if deleting a large or a number of files.

Actually I have had System Mechanic for over 3 years now, and still like it, regardless of some of the other. It still always finds temporary files to delete that others miss.

Cheers.

7. I agree, there are too many nice things about System Mechanic that I like too... :D
    I think, though to be assured a complete job, one needs a minimum of two products.. That's what I am coming up with...
    Oh, well..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.