Internet Cache IE - not deleting

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by apesuser, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apesuser

apesuser Guest

I recently purchased Acronis Privacy 8.0, mainly due to IE's leaks and flaws....but i run my "internet cache" and it gathers stuff - but it wont delete my IE stuff - it says it is in use..or something along those lines

if anyone can help or tell me why it does, i'd be very grateful

this is a main factor in why i purchased it, mods anyone?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello apesuser,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest (74:cool: build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/my/products/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

Please try to close Internet Explorer before trying to find and delete the Internet Cache. If the problem persists please create a screenshot of the error you get and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. hjlennert

hjlennert Guest

same problem here. in my case it happens since I have upgraded to build 748 from 742. I had tried to upgrade once before to this build. strange thing is, after I 'downgraded' to build 742 again, this happened too! I have then restored my PC with True Image, which I cannot do now. the problem did not occur while I was using build 742 for quite some time before. so it seems that the problem does not depend on the build (?)

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hjlennert,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

Could you please do the following:

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "Version 5.0/6.0 System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send the saved file to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

We will try to find out the reason for the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.