Internet Access

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by EdBB, Dec 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdBB

EdBB Registered Member

o_O

G'day:

I just downloaded a trial version of TDS-3. The Help files and this forum have gotten me started.

One question: I realize that I cannot automatically download the update files for TDS-3. Does this mean that the TDS-3 Configuration tab - Servers is also disabled ?

I ask because I am having trouble configuring this tab. I am working on a wireless network behind a SMC router. I "assume" that the "ISP IP Address" is that of the router's Default Gateway. Naturally, this doesn't seem to work for me, nor does inserting the ISP URL. What might I be doing wrong, since I can actually get through to the TDS-3 web site from some of the hard-coded URLs in TDS-3 itself ( in the Help menu ).

Otherwise, a smooth transition and I was able to update the Radius files without incident.

TIA,

Ed

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi EdBB,
    welcome aboard new user!
    In the trial version of TDS the updating goes via the DCS website as you found in the meantime.
    But the configuration tab should work normally for you. The ISP's main URL should be given there, with port 80.
    like www.diamondcs.com.au port 80
    (so without the http://)
    You might like to fill in your proxy there too.
    Please let us know if this solves your problem.

3. EdBB

EdBB Registered Member

:)

Jooske:

Found a typo - the Internet Access works.

Great program so far - am working my way through the Help file.

Ciao,

Ed

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Glad you found it Ed!
    Yeah, that help manual is something to study and to learn real things about our systems, intrusions, security matters, the program, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.