Internet access stops after 10 minutes, consistently upon enabling ESS firewall

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ENVISIONocity, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENVISIONocity

ENVISIONocity Registered Member

Several days ago, I started having the following problem with Eset Smart Security 5 (latest v5 version, latest v5 updates, latest v5 virus signatures):

After 10 minutes, all access to outside websites no longer work until I disable Eset's firewall. Once I disable the firewall, internet access is restored. The 10 minute timeframe has been consistent and I can reproduce it without fail.

I have uninstalled Eset, ran the Eset cleaning/removal tool via Safe Mode, and every other solution I can think of, including running Microsoft's FixIt after Eset was uninstalled to ensure that Windows Firewall settings were set back to normal.

HOSTS file checks out fine.

I can confirm that this issue is specific to only this system. I am experiencing no such problems with my laptop nor my other desktop system (I purchased a 3-seat license of ESS).

There were NO new/recent software installations leading up to this issue appearing, but I did perform a system restore to a date previous to the problem appearing in order to try to rule out that, at least.

I even did a temporary export of this system's Eset settings to both my laptop and my other desktop system to see if I could reproduce the problem on those systems, but Eset continued to operate just as it always has on those systems, free and clear of any issues.

I imported the settings FROM each of the other two systems (using their settings before I tried importing this system's Eset settings into them) but the same issue: 10 minutes later, my internet connection fails and I get the yellow exclamation mark on my NIC icon in the icon bar (lower right) and I can't access anything outside of my LAN.

However, I AM still able to access all systems WITHIN my LAN, even with internet access stops after the 10 minute mark.

Very, VERY odd, and completely out-of-character for this software.

Suggestions? Because I'm pretty close to doing a system wipe and reinstalling Windows 7...

Thanks, in advance!
    Timothy Kline / ENVISIONocity

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please enable logging of all blocked communinactions in the IDS setup, reproduce the issue and then post the relevant (recent) records from your firewall log here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.