Internal Error

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by brian1971, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brian1971

brian1971 Registered Member

I get an "internal error 105" when I click on the update button. I have read and tried many things that is posted in this forum but nothing works. I can update using the download but it would be nice to be able to have the program update itself or use the update button. I have spywareblaster, adaware and spy bot and they all update just fine.

2. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

Go to the Ewido web site and click on the Support tab. Enter "internal error 105" into the box where you can describe your problem. It will give you these suggestions and a link to the fix update tool:

I have a problem with the online-update. What can be done?

If you get the message "An automatic update is currently in progress. Please try again later." and no automatic update is in progress, the online-update will work again after a reboot of your computer.

If you get the message "You need to restart windows before you can receive new updates." and a restart of your computer does not help, please download our "FixUpdate" tool and run it. Now it should work again.

If the update process gets stuck and only shows "Connecting to update.ewido.net..." or the automatic updates no longer work, please download our "FixUpdate" tool and run it. After that, it should work again.

If you get the message "Connection Error During Receive" and you use a firewall, If you use firewall, please permit the traffic for all ewido applications (SecuritySuite.exe and ewidoguard.exe), so that these files have full access in both directions (incoming and outgoing) to the internet over port 80 and TCP.

If your are not using a proxy-server please make sure that "Use Proxy" is unchecked. If you have to use a proxy, please verify if the proxy settings are correct.

FixUpdate-Tool

http://www.ewido.net/en/support/?question=internal error 105&x=39&y=6

3. brian1971

The fix update tool does not solve my problem.

4. OldRebel

Hmmmm? Strange. Do ewidoctrl.exe and ewidoguard.exe both have full Internet access in your firewall? Proxy server? What type connection and ISP? Are your IE security settings too tight? (For example, I use somewhat restrictive settings, so I put my AV vendor, Webroot, and Ewido in the Trusted Zone.) I think we need a bit more info to figure this out.

5. brian1971

I use sygate firewall and yes ewidoctrl.exe and ewidoguard.exe has full internet access. I do not use proxy server. I have cable internet and use linksys cable modem and linksys router. I put ewido in the trusted zone and didn't work. XP firewall is shut off. My son's computer is also going through my router and i have ewido installed on his computer and it updates just fine. The only difference between my computer and my son's is av software. I have norton corporate and my son has avg. I have been going back on forth checking settings on my computer and my son's. I just don't see anything. I have tried shutting down my norton and sygate and that doesn't work either. Like I said before norton, spywareblaster, and adaware all update just fine.

6. OldRebel

At this point, I hope someone from the Ewido team posts an answer, because I have run out of ideas. Have you posted them an email via premium support?

7. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

You should permit the traffic of these ewido files:
    SecuritySuite.exe and ewidoguard.exe

Did you try to uninstall the ewido software (run uninstall.exe in the installation folder of the ewido software), then restart Windows?
    After restart, close all running applications, also AV and Firewall programs, then reinstall the ewido software.

You must use the same user account/profile that you have used for the installation of the ewido software.

8. brian1971

Karl, I went ahead and did what you suggested and still getting "internal error 105". There are no user accounts on my computer, just me the admin. I'm beginning to wander if sygate has anything to do with ewido not updating. I shut it down and everything else before I re-installed. I have sygate setup to allow both incoming and outgoing to SecuritySuite.exe and ewidoguard.exe and also ewidoctrl.exe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.