Interesting Agnitum Privacy policy

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by acr1965, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

So I am checking out the Agnitum site for their Spam Terrier product and decide to read their privacy policy. Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed in what I read. This is kinda surprising for a site that pimps their anti-spyware firewall.

Privacy Statement-

..."Cookies

Agnitum websites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (”Google”). Google Analytics uses cookies to help us to analyse how users use Agnitum sites. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our sites (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our sites, compiling reports on website activity for us and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf..."

and further-

"Log Files

We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the web site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.