Interesting Adobe Acrobat Reader

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Khaine, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khaine

Khaine Registered Member

I just noticed this in my PG Log :

The strange thing is that acrobat only tried to access password safe. I don't see any reason why acrobat needs to read the memory of password safe. Can anyone explain this curious, if not somewhat disturbing, behaviour.

2. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Is password safe a product from Adobe brand ?

If no, have you protected other processes from being READ & SET INFO or just password safe ?

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Khaine, One thing about PG it certainly open's one's eyes!

I recently sent a similar question to a developer and was given the reasons for the calls, I am sure that Adobe's reply to any such request will be answered and enable you to make the necessary adjustments to PE.

Unless some other user has an answer regarding this combination of course. :)

4. Khaine

Khaine Registered Member

Password Safe is not and Adobe product, and other protected programs have those options set.

I find this interesting because Adobe photoshop has been rumoured to contain spyware. Last year when version 7 was released their was lots of false claims that it calls home. With the release of photoshop cs (version 8 ), it stops the scanning in of certain currency.

Password Safe does as its name suggests and stores your passwords for websites/netbanking/whatever in an encrypted database.

As acrobat asked to get read access to the memory space of password safe, seems suspicous, hopefully their is a good reason as to why acrobat wants those privilages.

I shall definatly be contacting adobe over this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.