Intercept a trojan? dynamics

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by virtualsecurity, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virtualsecurity

virtualsecurity Registered Member

I have a lot of strange calls on high ports , I intercepted calls consecutive in dynamic and private ports 40000-65000 the packet is consecutive , start with DNS PROTOCOL , they change with HTTPS , consecutive related packets of 9 / 10 for session .

calls are made ​​by symantec i analyzing packets , but i have imposted symantec for works standard port , i have disabilited autoupdate automatic , are too frequent to be symantec. packet is strange.

I have other calls on those doors 40000-65000 and not have installed anything software than working in the service port, infact HIDS tells me that finds open ports , but nothing is installed and does not recognize any process;

suspect is a virus, probably Sinowal Trojan , because it hides it well, the antivirus not identifie ; also this process often involves NT authority system registry windows often , and \ System32 \ scvhost.exe probably mixed with the process of windows, by pretending to be legitimate .

so I tried to download a specific tool , Strangely the tool fails to work, I get a message. tools obsolete and always stops the scan ; I upgrade the version , but the message is repeated , links appear on the tool and asked me to update it , restart but compare more advice .

perhaps it is another symptom that is just Sinowal or something like that , MBR rootkit.

you have any advice to be able to intercept? start first in memory and is able to hide from normal antivirus .
    norton power eraser ; should be very good for this type of virus, but I get an errors .

an anti-rootkit tool very strong it starts first in memory ?

thanks

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.