interactive firewall

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by stratoc, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

hello, can you import saved (exported) smart v3 settings to v4? i would like to put firewall on interactive without going through all the allow deny options. many thanks.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Worked for me.

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

hi, thanks for the reply. i have been trying it out on default, i was using v3 before, i have over 100 games in my steam account (ya, i know steam is a swear word as far as antivirus programs go) thing is steam wont start on default it gets stuck on the logging in bit here, if i delete the .blob file and both the steam dll and steam ui dll it rebuilds and starts, but i have to do this every time?
    i just put v3 back and all is working ok, just thought this may help developers.

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

oh i also got a 'windows firewall is blocking..' message even though security center says it's turned off?

5. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

The getting stuck on login is a steam problem. You need to re-install steam, and make sure you point the install to the same directory to keep your games since they won't be removed.

6. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i know that's how i found out to delete those 3 files, i had to do it every time though, i don't any more? maybe a coincidence i guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.