Intel Xeon E3 dual motherboards

Discussion in 'hardware' started by m00nbl00d, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Hello,

I've been trying to find Intel Xeon E3 compatible motherboards, and so far I could only find motherboards for a single CPU.

Is anyone familiar with a motherboard support two?

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Hello,

That one doesn't support two CPUs. It's either one or the other. The website is a bit "misleading", because it mentions one and the other. If you look closely, you'll see it only has one CPU socket.

It turns out that, from what I could see at Intel's web site, like in this [url="http://ark.intel.com/products/55452/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1290-(8M-Cache-3_60-GHz)]page[/url], it will only support a configuration with 1 CPU only.

All major manufacturers only have boards with one socket. It's odd. It's the first time I see boards for the Xeons, without having dual-sockets as well. o_O

4. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

Tyan is what you want. Take a look at this page and scroll down to Tyan's selection.

I don't know if Alternate ships to your location, but they are very popular here in Germany. They deliver fast and if you have a technical problem you can call them up and get someone on the phone that actually knows what he's talking about, which isn't always the case nowadays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.