Intel ICH5R Raid & WD Raptors-Supported?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by toddstrawser, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddstrawser

toddstrawser Registered Member

I'm considering purchasing True Image to create an image of my Raid set. (2 WD raptors in a RAID 0 array via the Intel ICH5R onboard controller). Does TI have support for this controller?

thx! :)

2. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I haven't restored yet but so far it can create images of the ICH5R and raptors. I've verified the integrity of the images too. Several people have chimed in when i asked if it would work. These people also had ICH5R controllers and Raptors. Getting TI's features to work was a pain with SATA and Raid 0 but Acronis was responsive to e-mails and kept trying until all features were verifying. Remember I haven't restored yet so the real test is yet to come.

3. toddstrawser

thanks for the note. If you get a chance to try the restore, let me know how it goes.

Also, what kind of issues did you have to resolve to get the raptor SATA's to work correctly? I'm setting up mine in a RAID1 array and any pointers you can give will save me some time.

thx,
    Todd

4. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I will attempt a restore in a few weeks but I'm in no hurry. I'll chime in joyfully or angrily when I do. There's a lot that can go wrong when installing raid on the ICH5R or other controolers as well. For Raid on the ICH5R you HAVE to search for clintfan's guide to Intel Raid at techsupportforum.com The guide is incredibly detailed with links to everything including IAAR (ICH5R drivers). It might scare you if you see how many people mess this up. Be prepared to study! I think it was worth it.

5. toddstrawser

My raid set is up and running fine. I had no issues whatsoever in setting it up. I'm just to the point at looking at imaging software so I can have a disaster recovery plan.

thx,
    Todd

6. feddup

feddup Registered Member

Sorry I must have misread the post.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Todd,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Acronis True Image 8.0 should work properly with ICH5R controller in any RAID mode. If you experience any problems with it please contact Acronis Support Team via e-mail support@acronis.com and describe the problem in the letter.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.