Intel AMT Security Issue Lets Attackers Bypass BIOS and BitLocker Passwords

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by itman, Jan 12, 2018.

1. itman

itman Registered Member

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...ttackers-bypass-bios-and-bitlocker-passwords/

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I don't like that approach. Opt-in is much safer than opt-out. I hope that last few incidents will make them rethink about their default hardware configuration.

3. deBoetie

deBoetie Registered Member

For me, the minimum restitution Intel can make if they want my business in future is:
    • default disable ME and all other associate management nonsense, with security and privacy audited code, preferably Open Source.
    • establish a secure mechanism by which microcode can be updated by the user at their discretion
    • support processors for fixes for 10 years
    • use their existing cash mountain from their milking of cash cow at the expense of security, to lavishly fund academic and other research that genuinely accelerates and rewards security vulnerability detection in their own products and other vital open source projects.
    • commit to making their products secure before they make them fast
    There's probably other stuff that comes to mind, but I neither expect nor want financial restitution, I want better corporate behavior from these behemoths.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.