Intel 3 Series (DG33TL)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dms76, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dms76

dms76 Registered Member

I have an Intel 3 Series motherboard (DG33TL). Acronis True Image Home 10.4942 does not reconize the drives or the on board network card when booting from the rescue cd.

I have tried creating a WinXP BartPE CD, I have succesfully installed acronis, but it still does not reconize the hard drives even when XP does. I have even tried Mustang's BartPE Plugins and winbuilder for vistape with still no success. I know the demo version of Acronis True Image Home 11 works, but is there any resolution to this issue without purchasing Acronis Trueimage 11?

It seems ever year when I upgrade motherboards I have to purchase the latest version of acronis.

A buddy of mine programs linux devices for a company and says it should be possible to upgrade the kernal on the rescue disk. Is it actually possible to upgrade the drivers?

Norton Ghost 12 will reconize both the network card and the hard drives, but I couldn't imagine switching to a Norton product.

2. mustang

mustang Developer

You only need to install the drivers for your Intel hard drive and network controllers in BartPE. You do this by copying the driver folders to c:\pebuilder3110a\drivers. Put the hard drive controller driver in \SCSI and the network driver in \Net.

Go to Intel.com and download the drivers you need. I just looked and the hard drive controller has a floppy zip file download. Make the floppy and look for the folder with the WinXP or Win32 drivers. Copy that folder to \SCSI. The LAN driver is a self extracting exe file. Run the files to extract it to your hard drive. Look for Folders called PRO100 and PRO1000. Inside these folders you will find folders called Win32. Copy both PRO100\Win32 and PRO1000\Win32 to \Net naming them as I have here so one doesn't overwrite the other.

3. dms76

dms76 Registered Member

Great work on your scripts and guides, THANK YOU for your hard work. I use Sherpya's XPE pluging for BartPE and then followed the steps listed for plug n play. I will try just bartpe and follow the steps to your guide.

4. mustang

mustang Developer

You should definitly keep XPE. With XPE you should disable the Startup Group and NU2Shell plugins. Adding the Intel drivers is done exactly the same way for XPE or a plain BartPE.

5. dms76

dms76 Registered Member

Thanks to your advice on the drivers my network is now working and windows explorer will now let me access the hard drives. In prior attempts the hard drive did not always show up in explorer, but would show under disk management.

Acronis now says E000101F4: Acronis True Image Home has not found any hard disk drives.

I noticed in the device manager that only one IDE channel was showing up correctly. After running Force Install Devices(HWPnP) the rest would properly be displayed.

Same Acronis message E000101F4: Acronis True Image Home has not found any hard disk drives.

I am using the Bartpe plugin provided by Acronis, would I have better success using your xp script?

6. mustang

mustang Developer

It's hard to know exactly what you've done for drivers and why it is not working properly. Acronis depends on a service called snapman to find the hard drives. This is done at boot time. Running HWPnP to force install drivers after boot time will not help. The drives need to be available at boot time when snapman enumerates them.

Check to see that the snapman service is running. Open a command prompt and enter net start snapman. If the service is running, you will see a message that the service has already been started. Also look at the snapman service in the registry. HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Services\snapman\Enum. Any drives that are available at boot time will be listed.

Why are you using the Acronis plugin?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.