Integrity Errors

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by wptski, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Using R&R 2010 Free Advanced! with W7 Pro 64-bit.

Checked integrity of a archive just finished, got about 7 or 8 integrity errors till it aborted on its own.

Read another similiar thread and did a ChkDsk, no errors but 50 parsed records found. Ran CHKDSK on the external USB drive, nothing at all found.

Did another archive it abort again with eight integrity errors. The error listed as from Hard Disk Manager, Error Code 0x10025.

Both times on the archive it excluded data from two files from the bitmap, pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys.

What about antivirus software running in the background??

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

try with it disabled temporarily, just to exclude it as a cause

3. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Didn't help at all!:(

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

5. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I didn't use the command line method just went through the menu system to fix errors when checked after a reboot.

So, does this imply that integrity error checking doesn't work properly?

6. Mech_An

Sometimes, Check Archive integrity wizard reports fake errors. The best way to check the backup health is to restore several files from it.

7. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Sometimes? Probably tried 5 or 6 times and always get integrity errors. It did restore several files though.

8. Mech_An

I mean for some backups

9. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I thought that I'd add to this thread. Using a new(11-18-10) Dell XPS 8100 that had 22 BSODs as of as 12-30-10. I was always blaming software conflicts for the problems. I have run a memory check from W7 which passed. I finally ran the Pre-Boot Test from the BIOS and it failed the memory integrity test. Dell came out with a new mother board and memory. The memory was replaced first and fixed the problem.

No BSODs so far. Did a backup and it now finds no integrity errors. Just wish that I had run that test weeks ago!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.