InstallWatch anyone? Win 7 x64 only please!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by nagan, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nagan

nagan Registered Member

Hi,,
    I have been using this Installation Analyser software for a very long time win98 , xp, and now win 7 x 64 without any major issues.Though for the past few days while analysing the registry , it records all the entries in HKLM>SOFTWARE>wow6432node as freshly created , which is not true.
    The app is available @ http://www.softsea.com/review/InstallWatch.html
    You can just check only for the registry. Create a snapshot and run analysis immediately.
    There is a similiar post here http://www.sevenforums.com/software/269420-can-someone-test-installwatch.html
    I have not seen so far something as fast as Installwatch in its category.
    This might even fork for Win 8.
    I was wondering if the issue was unique to me and has to do with any Windows or Program update?

2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

The web of trust gives the website an orange rating.:argh:
    The comments range from being malicious to promoting rogue software.:thumbd: :isay:

3. nagan

nagan Registered Member

I have re-downloaded it from there and the program is fine and does not make my av alert. Anyway I have uploaded it here fresh

4. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

5. nagan

nagan Registered Member

That was kind of you. But if you please may I ask why it (installwatch) has suddenly become dysfunctional to me.Can you please test it for the sake of it? Is advanced uninstaller a 64bit program? But to assure you ,you will find installwatch to be amongst the stronger contender.

6. nagan

nagan Registered Member

Hi,
    Can someone suggest a workaround. It was working fine till a few days ago o_O

7. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

Try running in compatibility mode?

8. nagan

nagan Registered Member

I tried testing only for the registry mode in HKLM.

With no compatibility , it scans the registry and on analyse it records all the entries as ADDED FRESH.

With compatibility set to WIN7 , Vista or XP , the program hangs even while scanning...
    Could it be a result of some Windows update. How does it work there , in case you are willing to give a try..
    Thanks..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.