InstallScript Engine Problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DCM, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCM

DCM Registered Member

I have been trying to reinstall Norton Partition Magic 8 on my computer and am getting the following message;

"The InstallScript Engine on this machine is older than the version required to run this setup. If available please install the latest version of ISScript.msi or contact your support personnel of further @ssistance".

There are a number of suggestions when "ISScript.msi" is googled and I tried several with no positive results.

I noticed the under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Installshield, there are many versions under that folder. Norton needs version 9 and I reinstalled versions 9, 10, 11 and nothing changed.

I also noticed that the "engine" under this section is version 6 and it does not change when I install newer versions.

Would deleting "Engine 6" and replacing it with the latest engine version (Version 11 or even Version 9) solve this problem or just cause something worse to happen?

Apparently this Installshield Program was or is a Macrovision product and one reference said to go to their site for a fix and gave a link. It was a dead link.

Anyone here had and solved this problem?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.