Installing Windows XP

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Mrkvonic, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

I have written a guide that explains step by step in detail how to install Windows XP. I know there are quite a lot of these guide going around, and then some more, but I have started a dedicated section to software, and one of the issues I wanted to write about was the installation of Windows XP.

I would kindly ask you to visit the page(s) below, spend a few minutes reading and tell me what you think.
    Do you think the article is easy enough to follow and understand?
    Do you think I might have missed some crucial points?

The article has 7 pages

http://dedoimedo.com/computers/install_xp.html

Thanks in advance,
    Mrk

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Hello, Mrkvonic.
    I only skimmed over it for now, but it reads great for the page I looked at. Very easy to follow with the screens, informative, clear and well laid out. Well done. I'll come back later and see what else you've done - so its worked on me. Perhaps if anything you should think at who your are directing to, what sort of user and maybe expand a few statements, for example I asked myself 'why' sometimes (for someone else) - maybe with a link so not to make the page 'stuffy' or complicated. Would certainly send someone there for info.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  3. Mrkvonic

Hello,
    If you read the "intro" page to all of security articles, I mention there that I believe the articles can be useful to just about anyone :)
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Mrk

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Nah didnt catch that, like I said I just looked at a couple of pages.
    Informative read:)

5. dog

dog Guest

Nice site Mrk. :) Well Done

Great Walkthrough(s) and info :D ... I'm looking forward to seeing some those pages under-construction.

Nice to see you used Nvu (Linux inspired - Opensoure / project was started by Linspire) ... A nice full-featured web authoring app.

Steve

6. Mrkvonic

Hello,
    Thanks man. I also use FileZilla for the ftp ... :)
    Pages will come as quickly as I can write articles ... Some of the stuff will be computers but some of it will be my simple insanity ...
    Enjoy,
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.