Installing Windows XP

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Mrkvonic, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

I have written a guide that explains step by step in detail how to install Windows XP. I know there are quite a lot of these guide going around, and then some more, but I have started a dedicated section to software, and one of the issues I wanted to write about was the installation of Windows XP.

I would kindly ask you to visit the page(s) below, spend a few minutes reading and tell me what you think.
    Do you think the article is easy enough to follow and understand?
    Do you think I might have missed some crucial points?

The article has 7 pages

http://dedoimedo.com/computers/install_xp.html

Thanks in advance,
    Mrk

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Hello, Mrkvonic.
    I only skimmed over it for now, but it reads great for the page I looked at. Very easy to follow with the screens, informative, clear and well laid out. Well done. I'll come back later and see what else you've done - so its worked on me. Perhaps if anything you should think at who your are directing to, what sort of user and maybe expand a few statements, for example I asked myself 'why' sometimes (for someone else) - maybe with a link so not to make the page 'stuffy' or complicated. Would certainly send someone there for info.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  3. Mrkvonic

Hello,
    If you read the "intro" page to all of security articles, I mention there that I believe the articles can be useful to just about anyone :)
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Mrk

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Nah didnt catch that, like I said I just looked at a couple of pages.
    Informative read:)

5. dog

dog Guest

Nice site Mrk. :) Well Done

Great Walkthrough(s) and info :D ... I'm looking forward to seeing some those pages under-construction.

Nice to see you used Nvu (Linux inspired - Opensoure / project was started by Linspire) ... A nice full-featured web authoring app.

Steve

6. Mrkvonic

Hello,
    Thanks man. I also use FileZilla for the ftp ... :)
    Pages will come as quickly as I can write articles ... Some of the stuff will be computers but some of it will be my simple insanity ...
    Enjoy,
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.