Installing v3 on Server 2003

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by w2sjw, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w2sjw

w2sjw Registered Member

Guys,

I stumbled upon this forum in my search for answers, and this place looks like a goldmine of info!

I want to update my Server 2003 R2 SP2 setup from v2.7 to the latest v3 (business edition), but I have questions about how to configure the software after installation.

v2.7 used to tell you what to leave shut off if you were installing on a server, but I've scanned a bunch of threads here where people talk about the GUI of v3 warning you that you have core protection components disabled.

The only M$ stuff that runs on my box is IIS - everything else that I do (FTP, Mail, etc...) is via 3rd-party software.

Can anyone give some simple tips on configuring v3 for a server?

Thanks in advance! :thumb:

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

In v3 there is no Winsock layer scanner (IMON) so Web-access protection (Internet protection) can remain enabled.

It all depends on your specific needs but I'll tell you what I do on servers:

Use the default settings except :

Make the scanner use the default extensions for :
    - Start-up scans
    - Real-time file system protection

1.png

2.png

Set Protocol filtering only to "Applications marked as..."

3.png

4.png

You can also use the "Exclusions" section to exclude certain applications you think there may be conflicts with. If you want a whole folder excluded + its subfolders , you must use a format that ends with a single start the the end , such as:
    C:\Program files\Program1\example\*

3. w2sjw

w2sjw Registered Member

Thanks for the fast reply!

I made the 3 changes you said, and I'm happy to report that NOD32 v3 does not appear to have any conflicts with MDaemon's SecurityPlus service. :thumb: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.