Installing On Multiple Desktops

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Vinnie, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinnie

Vinnie Registered Member

Hi
    If a client purchases lets say multiple licenses and there IT person wants to install does it have to be on each individual desktop or can it be installed from the one location onto the desktops, is there any kind of limitation to this?

Thanks

2. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi Vinnie,

What you suggest is not unlimited.

You will have to inform Eset for how may client pc's you want a multiple license. (administrator version).

If the client is running a server, he can install NOD on the server and can deliver the updates to the client pc's. (administrator version).

Let say you have 25 client pc's, you will receive a license only for those 25, no less no more ;)

Hope this will satisfy your question.

rgds,
    Martin

3. Vinnie

Vinnie Registered Member

Hi Martin

Thanks for your reply. It's cleared question up nicely. Just to make sure I got this right:

It has to be the Administrator Version... as opposed to any other version?

4. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Vinnie - The administrator version should be installed on a "master" machine. It's the version that can create installation configuration files and provides the means for the local machines on the network to update their definitions. The configuration files are used during installation to set various parameters during the installation process. You can use a batch file for the installations if you do it this way.

What that means is that you would only have the one machine (the master) going to Eset for definitions, then it would create the necessary files for the rest of the machines to update themselves. It's also the repository for the configuration files. I use this method where I work to update all of our machines globally.

5. Vinnie

Vinnie Registered Member

Thanks jack, clear as a bell. I just wanted to be ready with the right answer as I am sure that I will be asked it, from a customer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.