Installing on a clean system

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by Kosingigglephits, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kosingigglephits

Kosingigglephits Registered Member

I will be building my new PC here shortly and my current plan of attack is to install everything, including updates off-line. In otherwords the PC will not even see the internet until I have everything fully installed and to my liking.

So my question is, should I install Filechecker first, after I install the OS?

What I am thinking is since it monitors files of applications and such would it be more beneficial to me to install it first on a clean system and then install all my other applications, thinking or assuming that it will monitor the install and then have a clean refrence to compare to when something tries to modify it?

2. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi, sounds like a good idea.

I've written a short guide to reformatting HERE , its only just the basics, but a good start for those who are new to installing XP and securing before going online.

I only mentioned the basic security apps, if you use more its a good idea to have them running aswell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.