Installing on a clean system

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by Kosingigglephits, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kosingigglephits

Kosingigglephits Registered Member

I will be building my new PC here shortly and my current plan of attack is to install everything, including updates off-line. In otherwords the PC will not even see the internet until I have everything fully installed and to my liking.

So my question is, should I install Filechecker first, after I install the OS?

What I am thinking is since it monitors files of applications and such would it be more beneficial to me to install it first on a clean system and then install all my other applications, thinking or assuming that it will monitor the install and then have a clean refrence to compare to when something tries to modify it?

2. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi, sounds like a good idea.

I've written a short guide to reformatting HERE , its only just the basics, but a good start for those who are new to installing XP and securing before going online.

I only mentioned the basic security apps, if you use more its a good idea to have them running aswell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.