Installing NOD32 Problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by reza_hich_chi, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reza_hich_chi

reza_hich_chi Registered Member

while I'm trying to Install NOD32 v3.0.414 RC1 the problem occurs
    I have just unistalled the older version and rebooted my computer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It seems you NOD32 uninstallation process got corrupted . You must install and then again uninstall NOD32 to fix this . Then you can install the RC version.

1) Download the latest fresh version of NOD32 v 2.7 for your operating system
    Trial version or Full paid version

2) Install NOD32 from the file you downloaded . Use "Typical" install

3) Reboot .

4) After reboot :> Open Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

5) Reboot when prompt

6) Download the latest version of Eset Antivirus from Eset's web site and install it

3. reza_hich_chi

reza_hich_chi Registered Member

Thanks
    But as I've said I can't install a fresh version because of the error o_O

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Let's make it clearer :

NOD32 is what is called ESET NOD32 Anti Virus system version 2.70.xx

ESET Antivirus or ESET NOD32 Antivirus or ESET Antivirus v3 or EA is the new version , new technology , the onliest public version available right now is Release Candidate 1 (RC1)

You try to install Eset Antivirus v3 but the installer finds some remnants of the previous version 2 (NOD32) . This tells us that you have had NOD32 , you have uninstalled it (probably) but there is something left which makes the new installed (the one that is for v3) scream . It cannot make difference if the whole program is installed or there is just a small part of it .

So , what you must do if you wish to install Eset Antivirus v3 RC1 is to stop installing it now , perform new install of NOD32 v2 , this will fill in all the gaps , the uninstall NOD32 v2 to make clean uninstall (this will remove everything from NOD32) , then install EA RC1 . Now it should not find anything leftover and should install with no other problems (hopefully)

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, welcome to Wilders.

Please fill in the form HERE as there is a solution available; mention ESET-NOD32 Upgrade Utility v1.1

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.