Installing NOD32 error

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by md092951, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md092951

md092951 Registered Member

I receive the following message when trying to install the trial version of NOD32.

"(106) Error occurred while extracting archive file."

My system is a Dell with Widnows XP

Help would be appreciated. Mike....

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

md092951 , as the thread advises , check if you have enough RAM and disk space

For Windows XP you should have 128 RAM and about 35 Mb free disk space

Make sure you have uninstalled all other antivirus programs (incluing old versions of NOD32) , make sure there is no ESET folder in C:\Program files .

Empty your temp folders (by using Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Disk Cleanup)

Delete this installer and download it again from www.eset.com . Start with simply double clicking it and install NOD32 with Typical install settings :thumb:

4. md092951

md092951 Registered Member

Thanks High Tech Boy for your suggestions. I tried them but still got the same error.

I have a 512 ram but I didn't know how to check to see how much was available. Went thru other steps but received same error.

I will say I think I have something bigger going on. I tried to download AVG and had an error there as well.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome . Thanks to Ron who pointed you to that thread .

Go to Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Information . Wait until it loads and in the main screen you'll see how much free you have (physical memory) .

After that Contact ESET Tech Support , provide them with a link to that thread and as much details as you can write .

Let us know how it is this going . :)

6. Jimbaugh

Jimbaugh Registered Member

" Windows maintains a piece of metadata for each volume called the "dirty bit." The dirty bit is a flag that tells the system if there are still pending changes to be written to the volume. If the system is shut down before the system's write cache is written out to disk, for instance, the dirty bit will remain set, and on the next reboot the computer will notice this and automatically run AUTOCHK.EXE (a version of CHKDSK) to determine if there is a data corruption problem."

Just run the disk error check and then you can install nod32. I have had quite a few errors installing Nod32 on systems and this is the fix.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

PS: I formated 5 drives before I figured this one out.

Works great for the following errors ( 111 ) Disk error RR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.