Installing iTunes 9 caused problems with Prevx

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Cherub, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cherub

Cherub Registered Member

Last night, I had Prevx running and installed the new iTunes 9 software. When the system rebooted(for the completion of the iTunes installation), I got a message that Prevx could not operate. I don't know for sure if the iTunes installation was the problem, but that is the only thing I had done.

When the computer starts, I get a message that windows can not start Prevx and if I want to find a solution. I click yes, and it doesn't find one. lol I can't open Prevx at all, even going into programs and trying to start it from there.

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if there is anything I can do besides uninstalling Prevx and then reinstalling it.

I'm running a Vista 64 bit.

2. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

I did the same on Vista 32bit without problems. Maybe do just that a reinstall!

TH

3. Cherub

Cherub Registered Member

I'm at work right now, but a reinstall is what I'll try. It was weird, cause as I was installing iTunes, Prevx was checking the files and nothing seemed wrong. Oh well, just wondering if anyone else had the same problem. I'll try the reinstall when I get home.

Thanks.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I'm going to be upgrading to iTunes 9 shortly as well - if you could send me a scan log via Tools > Save Scan Results to report@prevxresearch.com, that may lead to some results on it, if not, I'll hopefully run into the same problem so that we can fix it! :D

5. Cherub

Cherub Registered Member

Home now. lol Anyway, when I tried to uninstall Prevx from the remove programs, it kept giving me the same pop up about how Prevx couldn't work and windows would look for a solution. So, I couldn't even open Prevx.

Then I used the forced installation program that I got from another thread on here and uninstalled it. Which it did. Now I have reinstalled and it seems to work fine.

Just weird all the way around. I didn't put Prevx in "install mode" when installing iTunes, so I don't know if that screwed something up or not. But, when I was installing iTunes, Prevx was checking the files and didn't alert me to anything. Just happened when I rebooted to finish the iTunes installation.

I would have sent you a report but I did a clean reinstall and I assume that cleared any reports that were generated?

It wasn't a big problem, just wanted to see if anyone else had the same. Like I said earlier, Prevx seems to be working fine after the reinstall and iTunes 9 is still installed.

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Yes, that would have cleared off everything. My install of iTunes 9 went fine after a reboot went fine so I suspect it may have just been a random issue. iTunes is a relatively heavy program on the system so it could have possibly interfered with Prevx in memory because of its need to load/allocate wide ranges of memory very quickly.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.