Installing ESET Mirror in DMZ

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mem0av, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mem0av

mem0av Registered Member

Hello,

We have purchased the ESET NOD32 product and we installed the ESET server, imported our licenses, and have deployed the product to all of our Windows servers and Windows PCs.

However, I have 10 Windows 2003 servers in our DMZ and I need to get ESET installed on those servers also. The ESET server that is installed into our internal LAN can't talk to the DMZ (on purpose.)

Does anyone here have any experience in setting up an ESET server in an DMZ environment? I have more than enough licenses to cover this final deployment.

Thank you for your time,

2. RyanH

RyanH Eset Staff Account

You may setup a single machine within the DMZ to communicate with the LAN to connect to the ESET Remote Administrator and have the rest of the machines within the DMZ communicate with that single machine in your DMZ. Of course this will require you to make the exception/rule within your firewall.

Another option would be to setup the ESET Remote Administrator on one of the machines in the DMZ and have the other 9 machines report back to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.