installing AD "over" RD

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by poogimmal, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poogimmal

poogimmal Registered Member

a followup topic to moving from PG to AD. thanks for the replies and links. But one followup question. I installed RD long ago before there was an AD (IIRC) and I've updated RD, currently 2.001, with GSS 1.010. (not 100% sure those are current as I'm usually in a limited user acct and off course RD will not update). Since my registered RD (along with its settings) seems to be running aok, if I install AD will it my muck up my RD. I assume that it will all fit neatly together and tie itself together correctly, but some said "never assume..." tia

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

If you are talking about the ALPHA version, there is no RegDefend in that version. So just stick to the current version until the new RegDefend is included into that bundle.

3. Rickster100

Rickster100 Registered Member

Hello Jason,

Thats the reason why I havent had a really good play with the Alpha. Without committing yourself too much do you have any rough idea when you will have either a fully "workable" (App & RegDefend together) GSS Alpha or Beta version available? (I know this is like asking you "how long is a piece of string")....

Richie

4. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

I have RegDefend working somewhat for a while now, but the core work to make "from boot" 100% reliable is what is being worked on at the moment. There won't be long to wait for this core work to be available in a freeware program I've mentioned previously. At most 2 weeks, though I hope to have it available sooner. It's quite hard to estimate due to the finicky nature of replacing these components (lots of debugging).

5. VisiThink

VisiThink Registered Member

This is excellent news.

I am eagerly awaiting the new version. :)

6. ghostriderg

ghostriderg Registered Member

Hi Jason,

sorry to go ot

Am also eagerly waiting for this to be implimented, I think this is a "bet ya by golly wow" moment. If your an R&B fan you'll get my drift.

Also will it be bundled i.e. have to be d/l with current alpha or will it upgrade into v1.110 independantly.

keep up the good work!!!!

ghostrider out!

7. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

It will likely be upgraded through the autoupdater, there have been new fixes in the current alpha to autoupgrading that I want to test before it goes public.

8. VisiThink

Unfortunately, this will not work for me since the alpha will not install on my machine anymore. Everytime I install it and try to boot, I get a bluescreen before the GUI subsystem loads.

If there is anything I can do to resolve this issue, I would be happy to provide what you need to diagnose the problem.

9. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

A seperate download option will also be available, so you won't be left high and dry with the next build. Hopefully that one will work better for you.

10. VisiThink

Thank you! I am looking forward to it. :)

11. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Hello Jason,

Will the "next" version ie the new "Beta?" be XP Pro X64 compatible or will we have to await another build that is 64 bit specific?:)

12. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

No, the next 64bit build will take a little time to undo the specific "anti ghost" measures they added with one of their updates. Though I guess I might be able to release a quick update that works if you remove that update. I think the new firewall methods I've added don't work the same on 64bit as they do on 32bit XP, due to almost no one having a decent firewall for XP64. Again I might be able to do a 64bit build without the newest firewall code, but with RD and the other new features, we will just have to wait and see if any compilation issues crop up before then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.