Installing Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation hoses VPN

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by EricAES, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricAES

EricAES Registered Member

I purchased Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation upgrade (from TrueImage Echo Workstation) and installed it on my machine (Windows Vista x64 Ultimate). Immediately after install, my existing VPN connections were hosed and I can't set up a new VPN connection.

I'm positive that this is an Acronis issue because I installed the trial version on another machine (Also Vista 64-bit Ultimate, but that wasn't upgraded from TrueImage Echo Workstation - it was a clean install) and the same thing happened. Now I can't use VPN connections on either machine. I can't afford to completely rebuild both boxes.

I've tried to reach Acronis but have had absolutely no luck. I'm hoping they will be responding to this forum. If I can't get this resolved, I'll have to rebuild the machines and return Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation and search for a different backup software.

Please help!

-Eric

2. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse Registered Member

I installed ABR10 Advanced Workstation on Windows 7 RC (build 7100) x64 and my VPN connections still work.

Maybe it's a specific Vista Ultimate x64 issue?

3. EricAES

EricAES Registered Member

You may be right - it could be a Windows Vista 64-bit ultimate only problem. Unfortunately, unless someone has an idea how I can get my VPN connections working again, I'm going to have to completely reload both computers, and in that case I'll never try Acronis again because I can never be sure if I'm going to have the same issue :-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.