Installing Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation hoses VPN

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by EricAES, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricAES

EricAES Registered Member

I purchased Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation upgrade (from TrueImage Echo Workstation) and installed it on my machine (Windows Vista x64 Ultimate). Immediately after install, my existing VPN connections were hosed and I can't set up a new VPN connection.

I'm positive that this is an Acronis issue because I installed the trial version on another machine (Also Vista 64-bit Ultimate, but that wasn't upgraded from TrueImage Echo Workstation - it was a clean install) and the same thing happened. Now I can't use VPN connections on either machine. I can't afford to completely rebuild both boxes.

I've tried to reach Acronis but have had absolutely no luck. I'm hoping they will be responding to this forum. If I can't get this resolved, I'll have to rebuild the machines and return Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation and search for a different backup software.

Please help!

-Eric

2. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse Registered Member

I installed ABR10 Advanced Workstation on Windows 7 RC (build 7100) x64 and my VPN connections still work.

Maybe it's a specific Vista Ultimate x64 issue?

3. EricAES

EricAES Registered Member

You may be right - it could be a Windows Vista 64-bit ultimate only problem. Unfortunately, unless someone has an idea how I can get my VPN connections working again, I'm going to have to completely reload both computers, and in that case I'll never try Acronis again because I can never be sure if I'm going to have the same issue :-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.