Installed Paragon 8 (free offer) today

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Chuck57, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

And now I'm a little tentative to try using it. My intent when I get the courage to try this thing is to save an image of my OS and files to somewhere, maybe my other drive for an emergency or screw up, or just to have a clean copy available.

A couple of questions. How easy is it to screw up making and saving that image? Second, when you restore an image, do you have to go through the Windows registration process every time, or is the key also saved?

Paragon has a pretty good help file, I've noticed, but it seems to be written for people who know about imaging and backup, which I don't.

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

The very first time one does the first image is always a bit nervous for anyone. Personally I chose a product that got a good review by its users in different forums where they stated it was rock solid and reliable and without too many bells and whistles and not many problems reported.

It was a long time ago I tried Paragon, but it should be quite difficult to screw up a image if the image software is worth its name. The only thing you should have to do is to choose what partition/drive you want to back up and when that is done and you hit the OK button it is up to the image software to make it right, you cant screw up things unless you turn off the power. With a good image program you should be able to forget about the imaging process and continue using the computer as you always do (unless you choose to make a image in DOS)

No you dont have to go through the registration process when you restore the image. After a restore your computer is at the exactly same state as it was at the time of making the image. Windows doesnt know it has been "imaged".
    Unless you have changed the hardware configuration too much (new graphic card, motherboard and such) then I guess there could be some drivers you have to replace.

3. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Thanks, sukarof. I'll take the plunge in a day or two. It sounds as if even a technologically challenged idiot like me ought to be able to do it.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

remember to use the recovery media builder to burn a recovery cd.
    store the image on a dvd,separate hard drive or external harddrive
    once the image is made boot from the recovery cd you made to make sure it reconizes all you harddrives.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.