Installation Question for Paragon Backup and Recovery 11 Home Program

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by scams, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scams

scams Registered Member

I currently have Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 Home installed on my Dell Studio XPS 9100 computer with Windows 7 Prof. Yesterday, I purchased the Paragon Backup and Recovery 11 Home program.
    Questions:
    1. Must I uninstall the existing Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 Home program on my computer before installing the Paragon Backup and Recovery 11 Home program??
    2. Can the existing Backup Image files made with Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 Home program, be used by the Paragon Backup and Recovery 11 Home program to make an Image Recovery??

Thanks for any help, Sam.

2. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

1. Not necessarily. As you wish, you can uninstall it later.
    2. Yes, of course.

3. scams

scams Registered Member

Fireworker, many thanks for your reply.

Clarification - If I install the ver 11 Home program without uninstalling the ver 10 Home program, will the ver 11 Home program automatically remove the existing ver 10, or will my computer end up having both ver 10 and ver 11 programs installed on the computer at the same time?? Thanks, Sam.

4. fireworker

Just will be two versions. Nothing automatically removed. You can use one by one, each. They are completely independent. (almost)
    ----------------
    I'm had 5 different versions installed and removed in any order. No problem.

5. wptski

wptski Registered Member

You can have two versions but v11 will be backward compatible but v10 won't be forward compatible when it comes to archive restoring.

6. fireworker

Yes. Newer version can restore backups created ​​by previous versions, but not vice versa.

7. scams

scams Registered Member

Fireworker and Bill, thanks very much for your replies. I should have mentioned that I don't want two Paragon Backup and Recovery Home programs installed on my computer. I purchased the Home 11 to replace the Home 10. Thanks again, Sam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.