Installation problem True Image 9.1 Workstation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by obelow, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obelow

obelow Registered Member

I purchased Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation some time ago and had it installed successfully on my Computer.
    Now I had to set the Computer up new again -same OS as before- but when trying to install Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation again I am hitting a roadblock... I successfully install the licence server and also successfully add the licence number to the licence server. When I try to install the Workstation component then, I get a dialog window asking for the licence server -which is on the same system after all- and when trying to connect over either the automatic or manual option for specifying the licence server I get the message that no licences can be found and that I should install the licence server and install the licences. Since the licence server is there and the licence shown in the licence server management console I can only guess that somehow the workstation installation process cannot get a connection to the licence server even so its on the same computer. Can anyone give me advice how to solve this problem?
    My< Computer runs Windows XPx64 professional SP2. Firewall was deactivated while I tried to install.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello obelow,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Most probably you have entered upgrade serial numbers to License Server and haven’t added serials for previous versions. Can you please send us several serial numbers via PM so we can check it?

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. obelow

obelow Registered Member

No, I have not entered upgrade serial numbers. I only entered the original serial number that I got when I bought the 9.1 Workstation. Its the same Licence number that worked without problem in a previous installation of the same operating system on the same hardware and the only licence number I have got. So it cannot be an issue of upgrade licence numbers.

4. Acronis Support

Hello obelow,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

Please try disabling SSL encryption:

- Click Start -> Run and type in regedit to open Windows Registry;
    - Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\Encryption\Server;
    - Rename the Server subkey to Server1.

Check the possibility to install the components.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. obelow

obelow Registered Member

I looked for that location in the registry, but there is no Acronis entry directly under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE. There is only one in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acronis but in that location there is no Encryption\Server Subkey to be found... Since I work on XPx64, could it be that the registry entries are different there? Or does it signify that the License server never installed correctly? (Even so it gives the appearance of working...)
    Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node there is only HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acronis\CommonComponents
    and
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acronis\RemoteInstall with the subkeys Files, MsInstall and Products
    I searched the Registry for Acronis\Encryption\Server but no result.

6. Acronis Support

Hello obelow,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation

The thing is that once you installed Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation using serial number from License Server it can’t be used once again. You have to remove License Server and install it once again to solve the issue. I have sent you instructions via PM.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.