Installation of workstation 9.1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mitty45, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mitty45

mitty45 Registered Member

Hi,
    i am using home edition 9.0 of acronis true image.
    I ordered the workstation 9.1 because of the bare metal restore option, but when i try to install the download, on a single machine, WinXP, SP2, each time the program is looking for a license server, which is not available.
    When i try to install the license server, the error appears:
    this is not a valid operating system for acronis license server.

So what is wrong, what can i doo_O

Regards
    rainer

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Bare metal restore works just fine on TI home.
    If we are talking about the same thing all you have to do is replace the hard drive with the "bare metal" one, boot from the rescue CD and restore you full drive archive image.

3. mitty45

i dont think we are talking about the same thing, bare mateal restore is what i would like to do in future...
    Right now i do not pass installation as mentioned above.
    Any idea?

4. mitty45

why is installation not possible?

Hi,
    i try to install Acronis Worksation 9.1 on my winXP SP2 machine.
    This is the upgrade version for the home edition.
    When i launch license server installation i get the error:
    you try to install license server on a not suported plattform.

What is the problem?

Has anybody an idea?

Regards
    rainer

5. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I think you are trying to install the server version rather than the workstation version ? Have you bought this yet or is it just a demo you are trying ?

6. mitty45

i have already bought it, should be the right version....

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rainer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

The most probable reason for the problem you experience is that you try to install Acronis Backup Server on the computer running Home or OEM version of Windows XP which is not supported by Acronis License Server. You can find the full list of the operating systems supported by Acronis License Server in it's respective User's Guide.

The point is that Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation is meant for using in a corporate environment, i.e. on computers running Professional and\or Worstation Windows editions having the corresponding licenses. If you use Home or OEM Windows version it is not transferable in most cases and may not boot after being moved to the computer having hardware configuration different from that of the machine it was originally installed on. Acronis Universal Restore allows to transfer Windows replacing the crucial HAL and hard disk controller drivers, but not to overcome issues with Windows licensing as it would be illegal. We recommend contacting Microsoft Support Team if you want to get more information about transferring OEM or Home Windows editions to a different hardware.

If my assumption is correct, please submit a request for technical support. Describe the issue and provide the link to this thread. Your request will be forwarded to the respective support engineer and he will try to provide you with a workaround.

Please let us know if you use Windows XP Professional and still cannot install Acronis License Server. We'll provide you with the further instructions in this case.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.