Installation is interrupted before it can be installed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LENHUB, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LENHUB

LENHUB Registered Member

I get the following error message during the install of ATI Home 2009 downloaded from the website: The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image Home could be installed. You need to restart the installer again.

I have followed teh trouble shooting guidelines and created a msi log. Who do I send it to? I just purchased the productr from Newegg and wonder ehy I have to pay for suport right away.

Any help here would be appreciated.
    I can upload the MSI log and a system log if necessary.

Len

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Make sure your temporary folder is as empty as possible. The TI installer doesn't like this folder sometimes if it isn't empty. Also if your internet browser or email client are open this sometimes causes the installer to fail.

If you are using XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\your_log_on_name\Local Settings\Temp

If Vista

C:\users\your_log_on_name\Local Settings\Temp

Clear out as much as Windows will allow.

Then retry the install.

3. LENHUB

LENHUB Registered Member

Thank you I'll try all those tomorrow and do a restart also. Will it load in safe mode?

Len

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I'm not sure I haven't tried that.

I'd just delete the folder contents in safe mode then reboot and try the install.

5. LENHUB

LENHUB Registered Member

Thank you for the help. I deleted as much as I could from any temp directory, closed the sidebar programs, deleted any left over Acronis folders, rebooted, cleaned the registry and closed as many programs in the task bar as possible. I was then able to install true Image Home 2009 cleanly and am now running it. I didn't think it would take this much to get it to run but it is OK now.

Thanks for the help again.

Len Hubbard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.