Installation Interrupted - And Some Venting

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by steveoregon, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveoregon

steveoregon Registered Member

I'm getting the infamous "The Installation Was interrupted Before True Image Could Be Installed. . . ." message.

This is the trial version. I did a search for this issue - and this is a well-known problem that Acronis has not successfully fixed.

(1) I do not have a previous version on my computer
    (2) I've cleared my temp folders
    (3) I've re-downloaded the installation file - same results.
    (4) I've shut down my virus and firewall programs - same results

This is a new Dell XPS700 computer. I've installed at least fifteen programs in the last two weeks - no problems.

The typical response from Acronis for this issue - seems to be downloading a sumcheck program and sending error logs. Unfortunately, I don't see any follow-ups to all these threads that actually states what the problem is - and how Acronis will address it.

Gees, if a program can't even install - then few people are going to jump through hoops to solve it. People will simply give up.

No need to reply to this - I've given up and will be moving on to Norton Ghost.

I tried.

Steve

2. nlehrer

nlehrer Registered Member

me too. winxp sp2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.