Installation hangs with 100% cpu usage

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by reseauteck, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reseauteck

reseauteck Registered Member

Hi,

I read a lot of threads here and wasn't able to find a solution.

I founded an old thread and the guy had THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM I had ... but it seems that it got solve but the guy in question never said anything so I'm asking again if someone know how to fix this I'm really stuck there

Here is the thread : https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=147162&highlight=installation

I did everything to make it works, all the things I saw on this forum ... delete, registry, I looked all the programs running, everything is fine and I still can't install it, seems in the old thread it was a windows file missing, I would like to know what was that file so I can look on the PC if it's the same thing.

Well, if you read the first post of that thread by Desu, it is the same exact problem so, if anyone can help I would appreciate a lot.

Thanks

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, the most common problem where this occurs is that Norton Password Manager is enabled. Please disable Norton Password manager and the installation should proceed normally.

If the above is not relevant in your situation, then please complete the following to see if your Windows Winsock Layer has become corrupt:

Download and SAVE WinsockXPfix from here: http://www.spychecker.com/download/download_winsockxpfix.html

For Windows XP:

Click on Start
    Click on Run
    Type in cmd
    Click on OK
    Type in netsh winsock reset
    (Please note there are spaces between the netsh and windsock and reset)

Press ENTER
    Restart your computer.

If the above does not work due to an issue with Windows, then please download WinsockXPfix from here: http://www.spychecker.com/download/download_winsockxpfix.html and run this program following the prompts.

For Windows VISTA

1. Click Start. In the Start Search dialog box, type: cmd, and right-click cmd.
    2. Click Run as administrator.
    3. Type: netsh winsock reset, and then press the ENTER key.
    4. Type: Exit and press ENTER.
    5. Restart the computer

Then try reinstalling NOD32.

FAILING the above, please download NOD32 from this link and try installing again. This installation is without EMON; when there is corruption of Microsoft Office MAPI it prevents EMON from being installed.

If the issue still remains, please go to a command prompt by doing the following:

• Click on Start
    • Click on All Programs
    • Click on Accessories
    • Click on Command Prompt.
    • Type "C:\Program Files\ESET\Install\setup.exe" /test (with the quotes)
    • Press enter on your keyboard.
    • This will write a log to C:\Program Files\ESET\Install\nsetup.log
    • Copy the contents of this log file here so we can look for errors.

Cheers :D

3. reseauteck

There we go, WORKS !

Problem was witht he DMON, I installed with the other setup you told me to download and it worked.

Now reinstalling Office so I'll see if I can enable back DMON.

Thank you for you fast answer and great support I appreciate.

:)

4. reseauteck

Ok,

Office reinstalled and everything works fine now, I uninstalled nod32, rebooted, reinstalled with the normal install file that was not working and it works now, Office was the real problem

Thanks again ! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are welcome.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.