Installation error?! please help!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ivanhfwan, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivanhfwan

ivanhfwan Registered Member

I have been trying to install ESET Smart Security but during the installation process, a window poped up saying "ESET Smart Secuirty setup has ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again."...

I have tried the installation process over and over agian and the same message comes... i also try restarting my pc and the same thing happened again.. please can anyone tell me what it means by "your system has not been modified"...Thnx^^

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try using MSI Cleanup from Microsoft to remove any leftovers of a previous unsuccessful installation.

3. ntparsons

ntparsons Registered Member

I've had this happen on two occasions, first was when I had Nero ImageDrive active, and secondly was with the latest version of the NVidia Display drivers version 177.83. These display drivers install the Physx driver as well - version 8.08.01.

In the first case with Nero I would check whether you have a drive image mapped using ImageDrive, and then temporarily disable it.

In the second case the Physx driver was causing the conflict. Uninstall the driver from add/remove programs, then install eset security suite. Once this is done you can reinstall the physx driver on its own from the installer placed in C:\NVIDIA\win2k\177.83\IS\Physx_8.08.01_SystemSoftware.exe

If you have any games installed, some of these can also install the physx driver.

If this is not applicable to you - then if you have only recently started having installation issues think carefully about what software you have recently installed in particular relating to any new drivers etc that may have come with them.

Also check this link

http://www.eset.com/support/kb.php?option=com_kb&Itemid=29&page=articles&articleid=406

to see how to create an installation log file and contact eset support directly !!

Hope that is of some help.

4. boesdad

boesdad Registered Member

=======================================================

ivanhfwan

did you ever get the install to work? If so, how did you resolve it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.