Installation error 111, 121 - how to fix it

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mladen, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mladen

mladen Registered Member

Hi,

I have noticed that some of you had the installation problem and the error was (111) Disk error - WINNT_BASE_ENGLISH_STANDARD (or something like this).

I had the same problem (error 111 and error 121) and I have been trying to find out what caused this. Finnaly, I have found out that this error is caused by missing directory under c:\windows\Profiles\All Users\Start Menu (on one machine there was no Programs folder and the other did not have Desktop folder).

So, you should check this out if you have the same problem. Maybe this is the solution. Just copy the folder from the existing machine and try to install NOD32 again. It will work.

FYI, both machines have Windows XP SP2.

Regards,
    Mladen

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Guys,
    if you get an error 111 make sure the system variables TEMP and TMP point to existing directories. If they do, maybe you could try pointing them to c:\temp for instance (if the folder doesn't exist, it's crucial to create it first).

As to error 121, please run setup.exe with the /test parameter and send nsetup.log to support@nod32.com for analysis.

3. mladen

mladen Registered Member

Hi,
    I did not mention that TMP and TEMP variables exist and point to the same directory.
    I just wanted to say that when I did what I did, NOD32 installation finished without any problems. So, it is obvious that this was the reason. Nothing else was done.
    The tool which helped me to find this out is FileMon from www.sysinternals.com (really a great piece of software). The error was PATH_NOT_FOUND and the missing folder was c:\windows\Profiles\All Users\Desktop.
    Mladen

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Mladen, welcome to Wilders, and thanks for keeping us in the loop as to your results.

Cheers :D

5. Paul Watson

Paul Watson Registered Member

Smart thinking Mladen. I had the same problem, and was about to use FileMon, but you saved me the trouble. Thanks heaps.

PS - SysInternals Process Explorer is awesome too.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The latest installers that have been available for more than a month will install even if the aforementioned folder doesn't exist.

7. Paul Watson

Paul Watson Registered Member

But I downloaded the installer (ndntenad.exe) from the NOD32 website only 15 days ago (24/10/2005). Maybe this particular one hasn't been fixed.

I should add that my problem related to the absence of C:\TEMP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.