install v2 problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Phazor, Aug 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Very_Frustrated

Very_Frustrated Registered Member

Version 1 works fine on any of my HDDs. Version 2 has been attempted on two separate partitions of one HDD, and a second separate HDD. Also, I am not having any symptoms of a failed or failing HDD.

As for file infections, are you implying that the downloaded version 2, as well as the emailed copy of nod32krn.exe is infected? Or are you implying my machine. I would think both to be out of the question, as I seriously doubt a company providing AV software would distribute infected files. As for my machine, I just did a complete scan with Version 1.491 and there are no infections.

Any other suggestions?

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey Very_Frustrated

I apologize if I upset you; just every time I deal with that that type of message or similar when users attempting to execute executables it’s usually one of the two things;

1.   File Infections which infects files that you download/execute/rename/copy…
    2.   Failing HDD

On NT Systems if you HDD were failing you should get some notifications of bad blocks or something in “Event Viewer”.

And if it’s File Infections well you should updates the Application and its definitions and configure and run a complete Scan on all Local HDD.

Are you running Microsoft Windows XP?

3. Very_Frustrated

No apologies needed - and no, you didn't upset me. I just thought it somewhat ironic that you would consider file infections a problem with a distributed program from an AV company.

I'm using Windows 2000 Professional, have completely scanned every file on all my HDDs with the latest update for NOD32 Version 1.491. I also do not have any indications of HDD failures at all on any of my HDDs.

Again, no apology necessary as I DO appreciate any help you may have to offer in getting Version 2 up and running.

Although, I still must ask, is Version 2 worth the money and trouble?

4. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Hey there

as you can see in my post a liitle further up this page I am using win2k too - and have no problem with nod32v2 at all. (Working on Exclusions though)

Can you tell us what else you have running on this machine and if there is any chance you have an image you can use to test

Ruben

5. Phant0m

6. Phant0m

I’m Running Microsoft Windows XP PRO and I’ve downloaded

[glow=red,2,300]for Windows NT/2000/2003/XP - administrator    6.37    ndntenad.exe[/glow]

Note; For testing purposes i've Installed the above and re-booted, re-booted a second time around without encountering any anomalies...

7. Very_Frustrated

I am using Windows 2000 Professional, and I downloaded (several times) and installed (several times) NDNTENST.EXE

Again, Version 1 has no problems and works fine.

8. Phant0m

Hey Very_Frustrated

You downloaded NDNTENST.EXE from the top or bottom image ?

9. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

I ma still waiting on an answer from you about other software on your machine

Ruben

10. Very_Frustrated

From the bottom (the commercial, purchased version requiring a user name and password). The top is the trial version, which by the way, I did even try that one and still the command center refuses to launch.

11. Very_Frustrated

I'm not quite sure why other software would make a difference as I mentioned, version 1.491 works fine. Upgrading to a newer version that would require elimination of previously purchased software seems odd and very counter-productive. Are there known issues with previously purchased software and NOD32 Ver 2?

Regardless, I can strip down to just Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook, and the problem still persists.

12. Phant0m

Hey Very_Frustrated

Thank you for answering my previous questions, I hope you don’t mind answering few more. I’m trying to be very precise in attempt to reproduce the anomalies you all experiencing.

http://www.wilderssecurity.info/images/Alternative/NOD32-v3.PNG
    What path was used for NOD32 Exaction?

http://www.wilderssecurity.info/images/Alternative/NOD32-v5.PNG
    For Installation options;

Typical (Recommended for most users), Advanced (Partially customized installation), Expert (Fully customized installation)
    Which of those had been checked?

http://www.wilderssecurity.info/images/Alternative/NOD32-v7.PNG
    Was the server/username/password been configured or was “Set update parameters later” been checked?

http://www.wilderssecurity.info/images/Alternative/NOD32-v8.PNG
    Was “I want to start resident protection automatically” been checked or was it not before clicking “Next” button?

http://www.wilderssecurity.info/images/Alternative/NOD32-v9.PNG
    Which option been checked before clicking “Finish” button “Restart now” or “Restart later”?

Once Again I hope you don’t mind answering the questions, and this would help much more if others experiencing these anomalies would jump in here too…

13. Phazor

Phazor Registered Member

Hey all,

I downloaded ND98ENST.EXE from the "yellow" "commercial section"

Ill second that other than i downloaded the 98 version.

Phant0m
    Your ScreenShot1
    First tried Advanced, and also tried expert
    Your ScreenShot2
    Tried once just putting in username, no password.
    And tried once "set update parameters later"
    Your ScreenShot3
    Always had box "checked"

Really appreciate all the help with this phant0m....
    and not to cut you off.. but it seems as though someone from eset should be jumping in on this one..

I will be leaving town for a few days, so i wont be able to get back to this post for a while.. Hopefully you guys can get this figured out. Good Luck

14. Phant0m

Theoretically speaking it has to be conflicts of some sort; whether users has Anti-Virus Systems or Software Firewalls currently Installed while attempting to Install and use NOD32 or they have other Software which uses Drivers too like Packet Sniffing utilities. Last and Only thing I can recommend in trying is Disabling Everything in the Start-up groups except for anything in reference to NOD32 and uninstall anything, ANYTHING which may use Drivers (Exclude Hardware Drivers) and try it that way… :(

15. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi,

>Your ScreenShot3
    Always had box "checked"

I'd recommend the people here having problems with the NOD installation to try to uncheck the checkbox "I want to start resident protection automatically" during the setup (if applicable) and try to continue with the installation.

The resident protection (AMON) can be start also manually after the system startup:

Go to NOD32 Control Center->Resident modules and filters->AMON->Security tab-> check "Enable automatic startup of AMON"

Thanks, :)

jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.