Install True Image 9 on 2 PCs?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by n8an, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8an

n8an Registered Member

Hi guys. I have a very simple question for you...:)

I own a copy of True Image 9, I bought the actual CD version from amazon. I currently have it installed on only 1 PC, but I just wanted to check that it's legally (and generally, in terms of updates etc) OK for me to install it onto a second PC, which I own?

Thanks.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Nope, you have to buy another license.

3. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Legally you can install it on the second computer, providing you firstly uninstall it on the first computer. But I assume that you don't want to do that, so if you want ATI installed on both computers at the same time then Thomasjk is correct - you need 2 licenses.

4. n8an

n8an Registered Member

Will my PCs explode if I have True Image on both of them without licenses?:cool: :p

5. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

I hope they do! Do the right thing and buy another license.:cool:

6. n8an

n8an Registered Member

I think I'll just uninstall it from my old PC, and have it on my new PC. But if I don't actually uninstall it, I just never use my old PC again, will Acronis still have me terminated?:D (...is that what the ninja smiley's for?!:ninja: )

Joking apart, it's a pretty gray area. Quite interesting, companies like Acronis must realistically accept that the buyer will bend the law a little.

7. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Honest buyers don't bend the terms & conditions of purchase at all - even if it is unlikely the company would or could ever discover it. A buyer can decide not to buy if he or she feels the terms are overly restrictive - but cannot arbitrarily decide to bend or ignore the rules. I have three licenses for three computers - and it is a VERY cheap price to pay for the value provided by the program. You're talking peanuts.

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

It's actually not a gray area at all. The only gray area is whether the buyer is willing to cheat on the terms.

9. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Administrator

On that appropriate note, this thread is closed.

The end-user license agreement is explicit on this point. I currently have TI8 on the machine that I am writing from and it states, in part:
    I will also remind all that the terms of service of this site notes that (bold added by me):
    Please be mindful of the TOS of the site whenever posting material.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.