Install TI 10.0 over TI 9.0 or uninstall TI 9.0 first?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pompste, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pompste

pompste Registered Member

Hi,what`s the best way to install TI 10.0 as per my question in the title?
    Thanks for the info.

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I’d install over 9. Seems to work OK.

3. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I installed 10 overtop of 9 without any problems.

4. bulldog356

bulldog356 Registered Member

Installing 10 over 9 should work just fine, and that seems to be borne out by several posts I've read here.

Even so, when I finally upgrade - and I'm in no rush to do so - I'll do a clean install. Just because v9 was my first experience with True Image and I probably tormented the program as I was learning how to use it. Any sc***-ups still buried in my backup/recovery jobs will be erased in a clean install.

5. crypto1701

crypto1701 Registered Member

I wasn't sure, so I unloaded 9 first. Pleasant surprise.. it kept all my settings and schedules!

I did notice one thing.. I have an upgradeof 10. I actually started the process of upgrading before I decided to unload first.. and got as far as the key. When version 9 was still installed, it only needed my version 10 key. When I unloaded 9 and installed 10 from scratch, it asked for both my version 10 key and my version 9 key, as it always does on a fresh install. This tend to make me belive that they fully intended it to be upgradable with version 9 installed.

That said.. unless your machine is dead slow, I would unload 9 first. It keeps all your settings, and you just never know when a DLL (or registry entry, for that matter) is going to become obsolete, slip through the cracks at build time and end up being left "running" on your system.. it happens.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.