Install ShadowProtect & ATI

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Ed_H, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I have been using ATI 8 for several years and it has only failed me a couple of times. After reading all the comments about SP I would like to trial it. Do I need to uninstall ATI first or can they both be on the same PC?

Thanks

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I don't think it would be a bad idea, just to avoid conflicts. Bear in mind the "trial" of Shadow Protect is just the desktop version. To get the full evaluation which includes the recovery environment, you need to request an evaluation version here

Pete

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I would uninstall ATI under Windows, because it creates problems with SP on MY computer. My computer rebooted suddenly during a backup with SP without any message or BSOD, just a reboot and it happened regularly.
    After uninstalling ATI, my computer never rebooted again during a backup with SP.

If space is not a problem keep your ATI-images and keep the Acronis Rescue CD, just in case.

4. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I requested an evaluation version today and the top of the request form states that "this is an enterprise product and not intended for home use". What about SP is so different from Paragon or ATI?

5. grnxnm

grnxnm Registered Member

I'd recommend you uninstall True Image if you're going to trail ShadowProtect. The reason is that True Image's snapshot driver (snapman.sys) will BSOD sometimes (not always - it was fixed in an earlier build of TI, but then broken again in the latest TI build) when it is installed at the same time as ShadowProtect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.