install problems

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by redwolfe_98, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i tried to install processguard (the free version), but, when i rebooted, i got an error message, "could not attach to kernel driver", "make sure processguard is installed", and "processguard not running". i rebooted, again.. same thing. i uninstalled PG, and tried installing it again, only with every security program disabled. still, the install failed with "could not attach kernel driver", etc.

2. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Which other software ar you using ?

i remember to have see this with Abstrusion Protector (sorry i forgot to write this here) when i was testing it, but other people uses AP without any pb.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Assuming you got Abtrusion Protector into the proper install mode, you should have no problems from it.

4. redwolfe_98

i am using etrust's ez av, trojan hunter, regprot, htastop, analog-x's script defender, and the kerio 2.15 firewall with win xp home. i tried installing PG again with "everything" disabled, but it still didn't work for me. i have previously installed and uninstalled etrust's version of zone alarm.. i don't know if that could be causing the problem.. when i uninstalled PG the second time, in safe mode, when i clicked remove, again i got the message driver kernel not attached".. i saw in one of gavin's posts to make sure that it is attached.. i don't know how i am suppose to do that..p.s. i have also previously had tiny's tpf 5.0 installed..'don't know if that could be causing a problem.

5. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

May be had you before a previous PG version ?

6. redwolfe_98

no, i did not have the older/previous version of PG installed. maybe that is part of the problem.. :) i will wait until the next updated version comes out, and then try again, only this time i will disable my kerio firewall and see if that makes a difference. i was trying to install the free version of PG, not the full version.

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Redwolfe_98, I have found that you need the procguard.sys NOT to be running after you uninstall you can check that with system information - software environment - system drivers.
    Once you know that it is stopped - remove pgguard.dll /sysstm32/ & procguard.sy from /systm32/drivers.

Search the registry using a Find on procguard and delete each key found, especially the run keys. You need not delete the keys that are titled "Legacy Drivers"

Then reboot and try a re-install.

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.