Install problems, SSM, antihook and Neoava

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by aigle, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Recently i tried 3 appliances but i am unabe to install.

1- system safety monitor
    2- Neoava beta

On XP home, both programmes instal finely but when I reboot my system, window cant restart and automatically restores to previous best known configuration.
    Also Antihook will do same if I give option for all users during install but if I give option for Me only,then it will install. I don,t know what is the reason.My system is new. I did use two things,

1- All software i installed under cover of ShadwowUser trial verion
    2- during install I changed the destination directory of programme, instead of programme files, I put them in separate folders made by me, but it was all on partion C and this is the only partition I have on my system.

will be thankful for any suggestions.

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    You should not install undercover... :)
    Mrk

3. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

yep . Install with Shadow OFF .

4. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I get a somewhat similar issue with trying to install Neoava. My PC reboots itself the second that the Neoava service tries to activate. Then of course because of that crash Windows will show the different menu on that next restart. I use ShadowSurfer but not in the Shadow Mode when installing.

I had to drop to Safe Mode and Uninstall Neoava to clear it up.

Now in my case i already have SSM installed along with Cyberhawk plus InfoProcess while firewalled with Kerio 2.15.

Recently i couldn't get either Kerio 4.21 or 4.22 to install without it shutting down SSM.

Theres no doubt one or the other of these apps clash and are incompatible with each other.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am Able to install PG free without sahdowmode. Neoava i did not try as it is beta. I want to ask out of PG free and antihook which one is better choice, currently I using both?

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

If you are looking to be able to install stuff like you've listed in a "Shadow" mode type of situation, I would try either FDISR or Rollback Rx. I've used them both to do what you are trying to do, without problems. I also trialed ShadowUser, but wasn't all that thrilled with it.

Pete

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think SU needs some improvement, so which one of the two is better, FDISR or Rollback Rx?

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

They are both good. FDISR is probably easier for the beginner. There is a good thread on the difference of the two.

Pete

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Can you specify the thread? And any sloedown of system by FD?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.