Install Problems (merged second log)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ROBERTELLIS3, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROBERTELLIS3

ROBERTELLIS3 Registered Member

Install Problems

Hi,

I have downloaded the evaluation edition of both of these products to see if they can help me with some disk problems on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4.

I have not been able to successfully install either of the products. Both products fail to install due to insufficient disk space. However, space on the target partition(s) exceeds by far the requirements stated in the documentation.

I think if you wish to offer evaluation editions of this kind of software, it doesn't make for a very good first impression if people cannot install them.

Disk Director Server
    -----------------------------

Downloaded FileName: DiskDirectorServer10.0_d_en.exe

Checksums of DiskDirectorServer10.0_d_en.exe

CRC32: 01C29005
    MD5: 7D5E6854447344C2005D95051A2BE7AB
    SHA-1: 50955709CFFEC036438D7EA689AA96D1A0C164D0

If I run the install program directly, I receive the following error:
    "There is not enough space on the disk"
    Then another error (code 2755) is produced.

If I extract the package and try to install it using msiexec, the same error occurs. A log generated by the MSI installer is attached - ADDSilog.txt

Acronis True Image Server for Windows
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Check sums of TrueImageServer9.1_d_en.exe :

CRC32: EE204B3E
    MD5: C7D04A84A6BE9CE85DF89EB9FD1EEB84
    SHA-1: 4C1C8E8AF837587B92D1BE0C35FE08C921629B1C

If I run the install program directly, I receive the following error:
    "There is not enough space on the disk"
    After that, I receive another error (code 2755)

In this case, running MSIEXEC on the extracted package produces the attached log file, TISilog.txt

I will be looking at other products in the marketplace now, but I thought you may wish to have this feedback, and do please advise if this is a known problem with an easy fix.

Sincerely,

Robert Ellis

Attached Files:

2. ROBERTELLIS3

Attached Files:

3. ROBERTELLIS3

Hi,

Purely for the benefit of other users who may be having problems similar to mine with Acronis installations, I have now downloaded the Server edition of Paragon Partition Manager 8.0. This product installed seamlessly on the same target server and environment.

Depending upon why you have an interest in ACRONIS software, this software company (PARAGON) may be a good alternative. I'm not being facetious toward Acronis - I use Workstation TrueImage regularly and I'm reasonably happy with it - but it would seem that the Acronis Server editions just aren't up to the job. Evaluation editions failing to install does not inspire confidence, and having reviewed the postings on this support website, it seems the company takes quite a while to respond to users concerns, even when they have paid a lot of money for the product(s).

Regards,

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.