Install Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by tojomo62, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tojomo62

tojomo62 Registered Member

I purchased and downloaded ADDSv10 earlier this afternoon. I attempted to install it on a Win 2000 server. A DOS Window popped up for a second then disappeared. Nothing else happened. I then tried to install it on an XP Pro box just to see if it would and got the same result. I assumed the download was bad so I followed the instructions for downloading a second time. The new file was identical and so were the results. Am I missing something? o_O
    Thanks in advance for your help.

2. jantzmr

jantzmr Registered Member

Just purchased and downloade and had the same probelm on XP Pro. Tried several machines same result.

3. gammanet

gammanet Registered Member

Same here. Tried the "demo" version and it installed just fine. Tried "compatability mode" for win2000 for the retail version. Would not load.
    Yo! Acronis...put a new app on the server!

4. njeester

njeester Registered Member

Same here. Waiting for a solution from tech support.

5. The Highlander

The Highlander Registered Member

I have also bought and downloaded DD10. The demo file installed perfectly but the working and fully paid for file does not install. There is an error message of "Program too big to fit in memory" which flashes in a dos window as it tries to load.

This is clearly an issue that needs to be resolved - I too am waiting for tec support to respond - I tried phoning the US - I am in Scotland - but the numbers that I found lead to an answering machine requesting a number to call back. I don't find that helpful as they might not call the UK and if they do it will be in the middle of the night no doubt.

There are anumber of us out there who need help now please.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for purchasing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

I'm afraid that we have some issues with the version of Acronis Disk Director at our web server. This problem was already reported to our Web Team and will be fixed shortly.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

7. jantzmr

jantzmr Registered Member

Can you give me a ETA for the fix? We are leaving on a business trip Sunday and realy need to have my computer fixed before leaving!

8. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that this issue was already fixed and you can download and install Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 without any difficulties.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

9. cristofa

cristofa Registered Member

Hi

well it's now 7th May, and I'm having the exact same problem installing DiskDirector suite on XP Pro - screenshot attached - so what's the prognosis?

atb - Christopher

Attached Files:

10. gcolvin

gcolvin Registered Member

OK, I just purchased the DDS v.10 from the acronis website.. the install went fine on this PC.. I attempted to change a partition size, it looks like it did the changes..then asked to be re-booted.. after the re-boot a message pops-up and says "cannot find disk" then re-boots...Just before login, another message pops-up and says "Operation Completed" and logs into windows. come to find out no changes have been made on the partitions at all?? these are NTFS file systems on a 20GB Hard Drive, split into two partitions.. WHy did it error out on me??

I then went to install this on another PC (Which is SCSI, and needs the C:\partition increased) During the install process, It would not detect the SCSI, and aborted the install..

What do I do now?

11. Acronis Support

Hello Christopher and gcolvin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Christopher, could you please clarify whether you are trying to install the trial version or the full version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0? Could you please also let us know the build number of the product you have downloaded? You can find the build number by right-click on the installation package and choosing the version tab.

gcolvin, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.