Install problem with 2.7 - not fully installing

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sasiki, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sasiki

sasiki Registered Member

I have 115 seats of NOD32 and am having trouble with 1 computer in particular. I have been using the product for almost 2 years and this is the 2nd time I have ran into this. I install using the exe, bat file, and xml. I install it on this person's computer, but it never asks me to reboot. When I manually reboot, the program does not start. I also cannot manually start it. It creates all of the directories as it should. It just doesn't complete the install for some reason. She has no other virus protection on the computer. I have removed AVG Free.

Any suggestions other than moving to v3?

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Is the service starting up? If no, do you get a message when you try to start it manually through services.msc?

Obviously there is something on that particular machine causing a hiccup. I don't think moving to v3 is going to be your solution in this instance.

Any chance there is some sort of Non-AV security software, like Spybot or something that would have a protection against the registry?

3. phaedrus

phaedrus Registered Member

I`ve seen this happen where an infection prevents (via the registry) the launching of anti-virus software, so it appears the install hasn`t worked.
    Try running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware before a reinstall of NOD.
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/

4. sasiki

sasiki Registered Member

I remotely accessed the computer earlier today.. after the software 'installed', it never asked me to reboot. I manually rebooted the computer and the program did no start up. The entry was in the Start Menu, but it would not open. The NOD32 service did not automatically start, so I manually started it and was able to open NOD32. HOWEVER, it brought up an error about the file monitor not being able to start. I did not have a chance to look into it again.

As for Malwarebytes, I ran it on her computer not too long ago. This is the 2nd time I have tried to install ESET on it with no success. I deleted the directory off of the computer before I tried to install the 2nd time. The entry is not in Add/Remove programs which now leads me to believe that it is a registry issue.

Maybe I could try to export the registry entry from a working 2.7 install and import it into her registry and see if it works.

5. BJStone

BJStone Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.