Install OS from VMware workstation

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Jryder54, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jryder54

Jryder54 Registered Member

Need Advice - Install OS from VMware workstation

So I was wondering if there would be any complications that would arise from installing Windows on to a physical disk with Vmware Workstation, installing applications I need, then running sysprep?

After installing applications, run sysprep, boot into audit mode(generalize), delete user account, reboot again, then boot into admin account then set run OOBE and shutdown.

After that I would reboot my physical machine into new installation and OOBE would run. I have tried it before and it seems to work (much easier with a linux installation IMO) but I wanted your guys opinions.

I hope that made sense..Thanks guys and gals

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  2. Jryder54

Has anyone tried this?

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I must be missing something. How do you run the workstation if you have no OS on the host?

Pete

4. Jryder54

I suppose I explained it poorly. The host is Windows (or linux) but I would be installing windows onto the guest (onto a physical disk). Then the guest would become the host in a sense because I would like to boot it.

5. Jryder54

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.