Install issue

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by LRAZ, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LRAZ

LRAZ Registered Member

Relative newbie, ESET was installed by others for me. I am trying to push install to a client through ERAC. The client's NetBIOS name is RR09.domain.local Client name shows in ERAC as local-rj5f35bjm.domain.local The error I am getting, GLE error code 1396, is related to incorrect target name. I cannot find anywhere on this client where this alternate name shows up - not in properties, registry, no where. Client shows on server as RR09. I know it is same client by IP address. Have you run into this before? Is there a way to rename a client in ERAC so I can push the install, or remove and hope it reconnects with correct name? Thanks!

2. LRAZ

LRAZ Registered Member

Re: Install issue/client naming

Update: first of all, after hours on a Friday is not a good time for battling issues :cautious: Second, I did locate in the server's DNS records where the client was misidentified. I have made corrections so that DNS host resolution now indicates correct NetBIOS name for that computer. I also flushed DNS resolver cache on the server. However, ERAC still lists the Client under the incorrect name, and does not display the correct name. How can I make ERAC see the new Client Name?

3. LRAZ

LRAZ Registered Member

Final Update :D The correct computer name has shown up on ERAC's Remote Install tab. The old name is still on the Remote Install tab, but since it never did install correctly, it will never make it onto the Clients tab. Annoying to still have it there, but I ignore bigger annoyances every day (some call them co-workers).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.