install issue

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Lameduck, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lameduck

Lameduck Registered Member

Hi I have a Windows xp pro SP3 computer.

I just renewed my licence. I had just the anti virus and decided to upgrade to ESS.

When I uninstalling Nod 32 the program hang on uninstalling the drivers. I left the computer for 24 hours and it was still trying to uninstall nod 32 drivers.

I tried to cancel the uninstall and let that go for 2 hours and it was still Hung. The computer was not frozen.

So I re booted the computer.

I then downloaded a copy of ESS and installed it.

It installs and updated its self and all works. I can access the internet and my network. It does not ask for a restart which is strange as I have a licence for 3 computers and the other ones asked for restart after install.

The problem I have is that when I turn off the computer and start it again the next day I can not access the network. I turn of the firewall and it still is not working. So I uninstall ESS and the network is up and running again, I have tried the reinstall 3 times now and I have the same problem.

I hope this makes scene.

Regards
    LameDuck

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Just a hunch, there could be an interference with another ndis driver. Do you have Nvidia Network Access Manager installed?

3. Lameduck

Lameduck Registered Member

No I do not have that installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.