Install ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.71

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by tosbsas, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Can I install on top of 4.2.40.0?

2. vtol

vtol Registered Member

you can, should be no trouble, although somewhere it would be recommended to save the settings, remove the current installation, reboot and do a fresh install plus import of previous settings

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Please see this thread, although some elect to install over top, it is recommended that a fresh install be performed, meaning, uninstall via Add/Remvove Programs, a reboot and subsequent install of the new build.

See this ESET KB article on installation steps.

You may export your settings first so as to not be required to reconfigure your set-up once more once done.

Regards,

4. lagerstedt

lagerstedt Registered Member

I had no option but to install 4.2.71 over the old version. There was no uninstall option in the the control panel, only "change". I looked in the installation folder but there were no uninstall files.

I considered removing it by deleting everything or using Revo Uninstaller, but first I tried installing over the old version and it worked very well. But why is the "uninstall" option gone? It is still missing after the upgrade. If I wanted to remove NOD32 permanently how is that to be done?

I use Windows 7 64.

5. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Click on Change, then you will have two options: Repair and Remove.

OR preferably: Start menu -> ESET -> ESET NOD32 Antivirus -> Remove ESET NOD32 Antivirus

6. lagerstedt

lagerstedt Registered Member

Thank you for the information. This is the first programme I have seen that hides its uninstall function behind a "change" button. Safety first?

Incidentally I had two entries in the Start menu. One was simply "egui.exe" ( just a shortcut) and way down the list I found the ESET entry. My mistake.

All the best

7. jongie

jongie Registered Member

The ESET site specifically says not to use the Control Panel uninstall feature but to use the uninstall that appears in Start/Programs/ESET...Uninstall.

My son tried to do it from Control Panel and ended up in serious trouble :eek:
    The old did not uninstall completely and he couldn't install the new build. He had to use a registry cleaner to get rid of the "dregs".

Support emailed me today to say I can install the latest version 4 build over the top of the earlier V4 build.

John

8. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Uninstall via the start-menu as prescribed by ESET, or uninstalling via Add/Remove Programs runs the same uninstaller routine, as best as I see it.

As you will note | my installation has only the change button

This leads to the uninstaller routine as per most software, ESET may contest this statement as they see fit.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.