Install DVD UDF recording software

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jiugiusto, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiugiusto

jiugiusto Registered Member

Hello,

I am checking the Help of Acronis true image and I read "Install DVD UDF recording software';

I don't use any burning software except the WinXP burning utility;
    What is a DVD UDF recording software? where I can find it and DO I need it to be able to burn on a DVD using Acronis?

Thank you

2. howie123

howie123 Registered Member

If you want to image directly to DVD then you will have to format your blank media ahead of time using some UDF packet-writing software such as Nero's InCD (included in the Nero 6 Ultra package). Windows has no included packet-writing utility. I personally do not image directly to DVD. I image to a hard disk first and then burn the images to DVD+R using Nero 6's "Make UDF Disc" feature. It does not require formatting ahead of time and in addition does not require any packet-writing software be installed.

3. moonwatcher_32839

moonwatcher_32839 Registered Member

I hate to sound dense but was curious exactly how you "imaged" the hard drive in question. Do you use True Image to create the image then have Nero burn it to DVD ? I made my image but Nero does not recognize the .TIB extension True Image created. I have about 9.9 Gigs of data in my image so will need 3 DVD's but am having no luck getting them burned yet. For some odd reason I thought being able to burn such a large image to DVD(s) would have been native to True Image. Thanks for the input.

4. howie123

howie123 Registered Member

When you create an image, you need to specify the image archive splitting file size. It needs to be 4.7GB or less to fit on your DVD blank. I have no problem burning 4GB .tib files directly to a blank DVD-R using Nero's UDF DVD function (see attached image). If you have a single 9.9GB .tib file, it will not fit and you'll be unable to burn it. Nero will not automatically "split" your image to fit on 3 DVD's.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.